Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On the Six Unturned Pages


Sans Authenticity or Inscription.

No matter how much lighter my morning commute promises to become (with Infinite Jest on deck), replacing a book with an i-pad seems criminal. For all the reasons mentioned here, I add yet one more: the inscription. The romance of the inscription, which compliments the book's narrative with the pureness of penmanship and the potency of its content, is an irreplaceable delicacy. Still don't agree? Check out the photo to your right and let the inscription-force be with you. (PunTotallyIntended). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. c:
    1. i'm still trying to keep up with your blog even while traveling.
    2. in preparation for my 12 hrs of driving in 2 days, i ALMOST bought shantaram on tape because i think i'd love that, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
    3. i do have moby dick on my ipod for desperately bored moments in my life.
    4. i start a side job reading books on tape. it's basically my dream, and i'm stoked.
    5. i saw jeanette walls (glass castle) wrote a new book, half broke horses: a true life novel. maybe train-able?
    6. maybe i shoulda emailed this to you. oops.

    ReplyDelete