Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On Rock 'n' Roll


And All That Jazz.

Last year my brother was a four-year-old cowboy who let me snap photographs of him against a homemade backdrop made from white twin bed sheets and a careful arrangement of familiar kitchen chairs, to contrast his red bandanna and curly-Q mustache drawn meticulously on with our mother's eyeliner. This year he's a 20-something filmmaker, flying to concerts where sex, drugs, and rock n' roll are documented with the precision of a seasoned veteran, only the backdrop is real life and the subjects are real people whose emotions in the presence of alcohol and music are as present as the performers' ambitions. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Link to Attend Coachella for 3:17.]

2 comments:

  1. Nice going, Jonah! The last time I went to Coachella I was pregnant with Mason. Needless to say, my experience was a little different...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad when the camper becomes so much cooler than the counselor. Or maybe it's not sad, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete