Friday, October 5, 2012

On Minimal Patients


Poor Sports.

When I willingly opted to have my impacted wisdom teeth out (pre-pain or infection) in 2008, the person most shocked by this decision was me.  After all, I am the world's worst patient, bombarding the doctor (any doctor) with a plethora of detailed questions through the haze of (at times) unnecessary tears and severe whimpering, and my mother (almost always) by  my side.  Minutes before the surgery began, when I asked the oral surgeon to rate the 'impact' of my situation on a scale of one to ten, he rated them a three (phew!) and only later admitted to a truthful seven/eight.  Needless to say, I made it through the surgery like a pro (excluding the part where I refused to let him administer the IV), and - one month later - eventually made it through the recovery.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment