Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On Dog Bites


Un-Learned Helplessness.

After being bitten by a dog nearly ten years ago, I had to unlearn the fear I instinctively developed against all dogs, regardless of shape or size.  And I didn’t even know it had happened.  While I grew up in a cat household, up until that point I still welcomed all cuddles and the majority of licks from man’s best friend, until one morning while walking to the local grocery store, I found myself hastily crossing corners to avoid a puppy less than two feet tall.  And so began my fear of dogs, dodging dog walkers whenever possible and standing shyly in the background when afternoon companions insisted on greeting the adorable furry passerby.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment