Wednesday, June 11, 2014

On the Strangest Things


Closer Together.

It's the things you least expect that either bring you closer together or, alternately, drive you farther apart.  For my "roommate" and I, it was a glorious stomach flu of July 2009 that made us kindred spirits, germ-sharing and all, as we navigated (ahem) a combination of borderline pathetic patient stamina (her) and unbeatable bedside manners (him). For my folks, it was the heat of the late 60's combined with an impressive reference to classical music by my father, though if you ask them each directly you'll likely hear varying accounts of what actually happened. And, finally, my grand-folks found each other amidst a night of post-war dancing (my mom's parents) and romantic liaisons with siblings (my dad's) so you never really know how or why or when but just that it's true, and can happen anywhere and anytime.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment