Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On Taking Things for Granted


In New York City.

Like most New Yorkers, I take the City for granted - until recently. During a trip out west, I found myself (at moments) craving crowds and unkempt public transportation, where seats are hard to come by and patrons are seemingly insincere. As I walked the quiet, downtown, urban sprawl, I wondered if it's true what they say - You Can Take The Girl Out Of Brookyn, Buuuut - and, for the first time in my life, made sense of the generations of New Yorkers who vacation around the world but always (always) come back home. And now I'm back, perhaps indefinitely and (as life happens) perhaps not, with a new appreciation for muffled subway sound systems and the glare in my neighbor's eye, as I work hard to embrace the possibility of life without. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment