Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On-Line Resentment


Knowing Where You Stand.

I confess sheepishly to decades of line-cutting from behind the anonymous tinted windows of my family's license-plated vehicle when merging onto the Brooklyn Bridge, but when it comes to eye contact and exchanging actual words with perfect strangers, I take my appropriate place at the back of the line. While I'd like to think it's a choice made entirely out of respect for my peers and a natural inclination for moral reasoning, the truth likely lies closer to my tendency to tacitly berate line-bullies within the anonymity of my own thoughts. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Just yesterday,I discreetly shadowed a couple to their car (in a crowded parking lot) so that I might take their space when they pulled out. Waiting for them to get in their car, this woman pulls up, honks me and rolls down her window:"I'm waitng for that spot. They motioned to me to follow them." I hope she's reading this article today. Not that it would matter, would it? I mean, I used to attribute that sort of crappy behavior to human nature. Now I find that human nature is, by and large...crappy.

    ReplyDelete