Thursday, April 28, 2011

On Disdaining Distractions


Terribly Timed Texts.

A mere two months into my i-phone club membership, I can shamefully confess I have officially joined the disdainfully distracted human race. Standing on a line? Scrabble board shuffle. Heart-shaped puddle? Photo snap, facebook upload, twitter announcement, & wallpaper change - in that order. Boyfriend needs attention? Sure, but after I check my email again, and again, and again. I don't want to live like this, but I do, and I simply don't know how to stop. Does anyone? Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty great. You nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twice now I have gone to the grocery store in a my college town and been amazed by the chit chat I've had with the checkers. Both college students (I presume), both talking with me about fairly political topics like, "Why do you buy organic food?" and "I'm hoping my economics major will allow me to change things for the people in my city."
    It felt great to have a human to talk with, especially since I left my children at home with their father. It was practically like having an intellectual affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The night we had a seder I had to ask everyone to shut their phones! 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete