Monday, August 27, 2012

On Anti-Anxiety


Deep Breaths.

Two weeks ago, I ventured (via rail) to the top of a fourteen-er, which (in Colorado speak) means a mountain that reaches up to 14,000 feet high.  Perusing the gift shop during the hour leading up the trip, I loaded my wallet and purse with overly-priced altitude preventatives: oxygen cans, anti-nausea pills, multicolored lollipops, and several liters of water.  Prepared for the worst, I took deep breaths during 125% railway inclines (according to the conductor on the loudspeaker, who sprinkled his facts with unfunny altitude-related jokes), with little thought or care for the view that waited atop.  As the train came to a halt and doors opens, my anxiety dissipated as quickly as the spectacular light-headed world took hold.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment