Thursday, August 30, 2012

On Debbie Downers


Misery Loves Company.

The New Yorker in me gets down with the Debbie Downers around town, although they are few and far between in these parts.  It’s true what they say about Denver, Colorado: the sun is (nearly) always shining (rumors claim 300 days per year!), the grass (while airing on the side of desert-brown) still glimmers greener pastures, and everyone is friendly almost all of the time.  And while – at heart – I’d just as comfortably ignore my fellow sidewalk patrons and grocery store attendants, it’s a lifestyle that even the most urban misfits can get used to.  A year into my new habituation, my step is softer, my smile frequently on hand, and my NY-mentality open to daily pleasantries.  Enjoy!
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment