Wednesday, August 29, 2012

On Meeting the Beatles


Many Firsts.

When friends and acquaintances ask me to "pick the song" for the nextfewminutes/hour/orevening, my usual dumbfounded response is to redirect the responsibility back to them since my musical knowledge is excruciatingly limited.  When frequently asked for the second time, I demonstrate these limitations by admitting that until this very year, I'm not sure I'd successfully recognize a photograph of Lenny Kravitz (gasp!), let alone an actual musical prelude, and so really, you should just pick the song.  And upon insistence, I'll ultimately go for The Beatles (or Bob Dylan) because I know just enough to play it safe, and then I quickly (and proudly) turn to my actual area of expertise: prime-time television and literary novels.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment