Tuesday, December 18, 2012

On Catching Glimpses


Other People's Stories.

Passing time scrolling through quotes from my favorite literary fiction last week (i.e. Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living. ― JSF Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close), I was reminded of how immersed I can become in the lives of a novel's characters.  With the temptation to tweet, chat, and text, it's easy to ignore the stories that involve creativity and imagination yet are equally - if not more! - appealing than the daily updates we so willingly fill our time with.  On this note, I'll end here and spend the second half of my lunch hour reading Middlemarch, on loan from a co-worker.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment