Friday, July 12, 2013

On Aging Gracefully


Staying Fit.

I want to be the eighty-year-old who travels to far-away places, tosses grandchildren into swimming pools, and wakes up to freshly brewed coffee and quick runs (or brisk walks) around the neighborhood park with my Italian Greyhound and equally vibrant husband.  Living in Colorado, I'm more committed to maintaining and sustaining good health than ever before. I dabble with short races, attempted boot camp (two weeks ago), and constantly seek exercise companions for fear that my own motivation won't keep me going.  Partly inspired by a desire to age gracefully (don't we all?), my underlying, much more demanding incentive is my ever-persistent fear of missing the rest of my life, of making choices I'll regret, and of saying goodbye to people, places, and things I'm not ready to leave if only I'd tried a little bit harder.  Enjoy! 
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment: