Tuesday, July 2, 2013

On the Instagram Persona


Pretty Lives.

After perusing a recent blog post entitled, "Rich Kids of Instagram" last week, I felt more envious than a third grader witnessing her elementary school best friend receive Barbie's Dream House from Santa in the mid to late 80s. By no default of my own (I blame my persistent iphone dysfunction), I've yet to directly dabble with Instagram beyond blog posts and news articles referencing (literally) falsely-colored picture albums and overly-edited objects of affections, and in that moment I was temporarily relieved.  Not knowing what to do with my ill-harbored feelings (mansions! shoes! private jets!), I reminded myself that Instragram (and facebook) (and twitter) (and all the other ways in which we [all] show off our lives) is always greener, that social media is only the perspective we so carefully control, and that the truth that lies beneath is much deeper, "richer," more realistic, and way less glamorous.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment