Wednesday, December 11, 2013

On Staying an Einstein


Maiden & Married Alike.

For me, it wasn't a decision based on going against the grain.  And, in fact, it wasn't a terribly easy decision either.  The truth is, my last name has been my entree into the external world, my icebreaker to all strange people and things, the inside joke I've always had with you, me, and everyone we know.  For better or worse, in sickness and in health, I couldn't turn my back on this unique opportunity to chuckle over scientific facts in the midst of a mundane conversation (about credit card confirmations or changes of address).  My old (and new) last name brings spice to otherwise bland interactions, of which there are (too) many on an (unfair) regular basis.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. I think if I'd been born "Sylvie Einstein" I'd have made the same decision, too.

    ReplyDelete