Tuesday, August 5, 2014

On Remembering the Cup O Noodles


"Much More Than a Soup."

For the better part of this past year, I've spent more minutes than I'm proud to admit in the soup aisle at the supermarket debating whether I can ethically purchase my latest reminiscent craving: Cup (O) Noodles.  And the truth is I probably would've taken the plunge multiple times had Nissin (its Japanese manufacturer) decided not to "super size" the only option I'm familiar with (chicken flavor, of course) to which I have a flash of Cup (O) Noodles glutton that I simply cannot contend with.  Recollecting the savory yet styrofoamy chicken bits that dissolved at the slightest absorption of only the most searing of water, that both enticed and repulsed simultaneously, I have yet to pull the trigger.  And so, like most childhood favorites-including but not limited to Kix, Pops, and King Vitamin cereals-I will let the fantasy be just that, knowing full well that the minute I make the purchase, my taste buds will inevitably disappoint.  Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment