Friday, August 1, 2014

On Alternative Medicine


Modern Medicine?

I take my medical care very seriously-perhaps too seriously, some might say-and often show up to my doctor appointments with a detailed list of questions, half of which I already know the answer to.  So when I find a medical practitioner who is willing to draw me a diagram of, say, any internal organ that I've convinced myself is ridden with blood clots and cancer (simultaneously), I've found a friend for life.  The ones who don't smirk, who calmly confirm that, in fact, that nagging sensation in my upper arm which falls within the first digit and a half (out of ten) on the pain scale isn't life-threatening or anything to be particularly concerned about, are the ones who give me hope that our bodies are strong and reliable organisms which, for the better part of life, we can count on.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. And then there's aspirin… You know, as in 'take two aspirin and call me in the morning'

    ReplyDelete