Friday, July 9, 2010

On the Tweets of the Trade



A How-To Guide for Wasting Time at Work.

For those of us at a computer all day, we have no excuse: catching up on the latest break-ups, make-ups, and left-over binges (of our friends, that is) helps pass the time. This article initially struck me as a nostalgic reflection on the technological take-over which, upon reading, would simply prolong this mind-numbing time-filler (on, say, the subway ride en route to the internet gossip mill - aka Work). But the more I read, the sooner I realized this article was meant for people like me: the i-phone-less, tweet-deprived, anti-technology (blogging) cave(wo)men who are better off just giving in. But where to draw the line? On one hand, according to this article, twitter sounds like my technological soul mate! On the other, it might take years before I stop associating Foursquare(d) with anything other than an age defined by crooked teeth and bad skin. Until then, I'll get my fill in the (NY) Times Business Section for updates on gadgets that are already things of the past and imagine what'd I'd tweet had I wasted all that time and money. Gotta go check fb now; Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment