Monday, November 21, 2011

On Guilty Pleasure...


Support Groups.

I used to justify my long list of television dedications to my well-practiced ability to multi-task: full-time job by day, graduate school by night, with gaps in between filled by family, friends, significant other, kick-boxing, book clubs, food coop shifts, and dining out at least four days per week. I'd confidently contribute my two cents - at dinner parties and water cooler conversations - about Don Draper's failed marriage (Mad Men); Chuck and Blaire's latest kiss (Gossip Girl); Meredith's tampering of the Alzheimer's trial (Grey's Anatomy); the recent development of pimp competition (Hung); Claire Danes at age 31 (Homeland; first season's currently airing on Showtime); how if I could have two mom's, Sally Fields would top my list (Brothers & Sisters); how Addison is so darn pretty (Private Practice); how I would choose Coach over Matt Sareson, but only by microscopic points (Friday Night Lights); how Hank Moody is also so darn pretty (Californication) and the incorporation of West Side Story songs keeps me coming back for more (Glee). But now, (living) in a city where the pace of life has slowed, textbooks have been replaced by an official diploma, and casual conversation is often dominated by sports and good weather, I tend to keep my opinions about Ben's upcoming debut (The Bachelor), Nicki's transformation (Big Love), Sookie's troublesome dilemma (True Blood), whether the dragons will dominate the world (Game of Thrones), and Laura Linney's most recent tragedy (The Big C) to myself. Enjoy!


[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment