Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On Checking It Twice


Literary Must-Reads.

While I don't make a habit of re-reading books-that-changed-my-life, I do have a running list of must-reads, handy at a moment's notice for last-minute birthday gifts and/or novel recommendations upon-request. The one time I did attempt to psychoanalyze my favorite character (circa fall 2007 for a graduate school course on "human development"), I found myself detesting the very things I once adored, only to quickly abandon my task-at-hand in order to uphold his infallible exterior. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. on behalf of Stormy521: So, I went straight to my local library's webpage and ordered (it's free, guys!) The Friends of Eddie Coyle (never read). It joined my hold on Asa Larsson. Yesterday I picked up Shelter (Harlan Coban) and read it in one night (fun read). Tonight I will read The Boy in the Suitcase. But I would like recommend the book that altered my life the most, The Ambassadors (Henry James.) King is right: so many books, so little time. And all paper: no kindle in my life. I have a thing for paper.

    ReplyDelete