Monday, December 12, 2011

On Internet Roulette


e-ddiction.

Having recently traded the New York City subway commute for a leisurely 30-minute road trip to my place of employment (in Colorado) each morning, I find myself fighting the addiction to check my email one more time just in case an (un)likely letter of interest shows up (un)expectedly at 7:37 a.m. In a community where checking email, text, & twitter with pathological frequency -- while operating a vehicle -- is neither illegal nor discouraged, I nostalgically recall the forced abandonment imposed by the underground railway system (of the Big Apple) that led to an increase in Angry Bird adventures, i-pod dance parties, and commitments to actual novels. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment