Friday, September 7, 2012

On Nostalgic Collections


Spring Cleaning.

With the changing of the seasons, and a quarterly apartment cleaning on the horizon, I find myself hard-pressed to give up collections-of-things I’ve spent portions of my life-time (thus far) investing time, money, and emotions into.  Childhood barbies, with ragged hair and faded dresses, occupy valuable space in my parent’s basement.  Forty (plus) key chains, ranging in quality and relevance, sit weighted on the bottom, right-hand drawer of my refurbished vanity.  And a myriad of magnets, from the travels of friends, family, and yours truly, decorate the overly-adorned and otherwise bland refrigerator, entertaining house guests and fellow chefs on a weekly basis.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. I had a perfume bottle collection when I was a kid, wholly dependent on the fact that my aunts wore perfume. After being shanghied by a Rhianna salesman in Macy's the other day, I priced her SMALL bottle of body lotion at $37!!! It was nice, but who buys skin cream-so ephemeral, in the first place-at that price? Best I stick to magnets, hmm?

    ReplyDelete