Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On Fond Reminders


Remembering When.

While some people throw things out, I tend to hold onto them, to reminisce, to remember when, to remind myself of how I got to where I'm going.  The Snow White birthday card my parents gave me in 1986 (with a number wheel that spins) is a fond memory of my brief yet wild infatuation with Disneyland, where Snow White personally waved to me from the parade float during a family vacation.  Love letters passed between classes with high school boyfriends indicate my first (serious) dabble with romance and heartbreak.  Postcards from best friends at summer camp in the 90s demonstrate devotions to relationships I still have today.  And acceptance, rejection, and resignation letters from universities and job opportunities represent entree into adulthood with many adventures yet to be experienced.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. Memory: Making a homemade (very poor) facsimile of a Snow White costume (this mom wasn't going to BUY one-heaven forfend!) that pleased a little girl no end.

    ReplyDelete