Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On Tiny Furniture


One Size Fits Small.

I was born and raised in a non-brownstone (Park Slope) Brooklyn home with access to multiple floors, a backyard and a stoop.   So when I relocated to a nearby apartment less than twenty blocks away with my new-ish boyfriend for my first semi-romantic co-habitation, I immediately adjusted my expectations of what it meant to live in New York City.  As a 20-something employee in the non-profit sector, downsizing furniture, memorabilia, and non-work attire are top requirements to fit decades of experience (and shopping) into a 500 sq ft apartment (for two!) where rent pays for thin floor boards, leaky pipes, and the occasional glimpses of other people's gardens.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment