Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On Passion for Pets


Familial Devotion.

In spite of three decades with furry familial companions, including Dodo, Oreo, and Bungee (the cats), the one pet I fell deeply in love with wasn't even mine. But I was immediately drawn to Huck (my fiance's former boss's Italian Greyhound; see photo to the right), whose unparalleled ability to cuddle and distract almost destroyed my friendships and (romantic) relationship on a quarterly basis.  You see, for the span of approximately a year and a half, we were Huck's babysitters when his parents left town and during those visits, when Huck entered the room, nothing else mattered (to me).  And, so, when offered to dog sit on my 31st birthday(!), I seized the opportunity, quickly forgetting that at a picnic celebration with twenty (plus) of my favorite folks, only one (being) would enter my peripheral from the moment the blankets were unfolded until cleanup.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment