Thursday, April 4, 2013

On Fighting Distraction


iPhone Off.

During my bus ride to work this morning, I made the conscious decision to fight the nagging impulse to check my email and text messages after each new stop sign or red light.  And so for the entirely of the twenty-minute commute, my mind was free to wander to the people in the seats around me (imagine that!), and wander it did.   I became hyper aware of the angst-ridden, puberty-stricken high school teenagers who filled the handicapped seats up front (reserved for people much older than them) who clearly take for granted that they can wear jeans and sweatpants to school with little to no consequence.  Some conversed about sports and upcoming assignments, while other hid behind hoods and headphones, tuning the world out until they had no choice.  I reminisced for a moment, envied their carelessness, and then moved on to bigger and better things: the Words With Friends game of my neighbor. Enjoy! 

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment