Tuesday, April 2, 2013

On Sugar Overload


Easter 101.

Until I moved to Denver, Easter references meant nothing. For me, Aprils have been marked by Passover seders and matzoh hunts, during which sparse pieces of salty parsley and bitter herbs were washed down with overly-sweetened red wine.  Now, after my second year of formal Easter celebrations (with my future in-laws), sugar overload and egg-dying competitions (between adults) make sense of the myriad of facebook references.  This year, the Easter bunny showered us with (literally) pounds of diverse candy (some of which is currently en route via snail mail to my favorite Jews on the east coast) and a 75-egg search & rescue meant only for the strong, with surprise glasses of Manischewitz in between hard-earned discoveries.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment