Thursday, May 2, 2013

On My Romance With Cooking


A Regular Chef.

Four years ago, the only things I knew how to cook were ravioli and eggs.  Today, my repertoire includes winter panzanella, butternut squash and sage lasagna, and spinach smoothies before 8am on a daily basis.  But the transition wasn't a quick one.  In 2008, I discovered the literally really simple "20-Minute Meals" in the back of Real Simple magazine and eventually accrued several years worth of check-out shifts at the Park Slope Food Coop, during which I handled multiple vegetables I'd never seen before including chard, parsnips, and spaghetti squash.  And so my love for cooking began as steps were added, ingredients tripled, and the results worth attempting again and again.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment: