Friday, May 31, 2013

On Germaphobia Delight


The NYC Subway.

Of all the things I miss about NYC, the subway is the one I have the most love/hate relationship with.  A moderately anxious person with occasional germaphobic tendencies (on par with the average New Yorker, no doubt) but a knack and passion for the ultimate form of "people-watching" (often, in my case, a good, ol' stare), daily train rides to and from Manhattan required an engrossing novel and absolutely no food consumption.  To expose a mid-afternoon sandwich or a happy hour bag of nuts to the inevitable infestation of microbes and pathogens that could result in instant death (for real!) was simply not worth it.  But stick an early morning, well-insulated, turbo-sealed cup of caffeine in my hand and by the end of my 30-minute commute, I could rattle off which passengers had marital problems, recent promotions, and mother-issues just by looking at them.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment