Wednesday, May 22, 2013

On My Three Fan Letters


Dear...

It's true that both fan letters I wrote in 1985 (see blog bio) were responded to, and one even included an 8x10 black and white signed photograph of Better Midler singing my favorite song at the time (or so I pretended).  I kept that photo framed on my nightstand for the next year or so and haven't seen it since.  Fred Savage, on the other hand, clearly hired a publicist who mailed all his elementary school fans a series of pre-printed signed postcards that arrived nearly a year after I mailed him a gold necklace with a fuzzy heart sticker on the box.  Nevertheless, they wrote and I received, and from that moment on, I vowed to write to all the people who inspired me enough to put pen to paper.  And since I started this blog three years ago, that list has cautiously expanded (and includes Bill Murray, notorious for showing up at non-famous people's parties and band practices) but I've yet to hear anything back.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment