Tuesday, March 4, 2014

On Celebrity Dopplegangers


Going Public.

As a camp counselor in the mid to late 90s, my favorite icebreaker was having newly-arrived adolescent campers share which celebrities they'd been told they resembled since, more often than not, we all have one or more on-screen dopplegangers out there.  I, of course, was only slightly less-than-embarrassed to admit how often I'd been compared to an unnamed star well-known for his foot-loose moves and narrow cheekbones (-my own jawline quite pronounced at the time).  And my list doesn't end there, of course, with the myriad of large forehead-ed stars (*see baby photo to the left), including Reese Witherspoon and Keri Russell, which would have made my universe had these designations been based on more complimentary features.  But we are who we are and, regardless of how these associations came to stick, reruns of these very faces on 80s blockbusters and 90s dramas bring back the fondest of memories in spite of awkward-looking characteristics we all came to-and likely still-adore.  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment