Tuesday, March 18, 2014

On My Obsession With Bette



Fan Letter #1 in 1985.

The real question is did I ever tell her she's my hero? And the answer is I sure did, in one of those fan letters I wrote in 1985 (see blog bio, which I think I've told some of you before and, besides, one can never write about Bette too much).  And darn right she wrote back, too, with a signed 8x10  black & white photograph framed by my bedside for the better part of the late 80s.  So when she surprised us on Oscar night with the song that prompted my (and/or our) obsession in the first place, I was immediately transported back to my primitive years of lip syncing the incorrect lyrics since who can really tell the difference between "wings" and "feet" when you're a mere five-years-old?  Oh, Bette, how I (still) worship you, plastic face and lungs to transfix a five and (eventual) thirty-five-year-old alike! Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment