Monday, March 24, 2014

On Getting Engaged


Will You Marry Me?

For the sake of being a type-A planner, emailer, and organizer of all things big and small, having to coordinate a wedding proposal for my future life partner was a responsibility I was glad to have off my plate.  My own occasional public speaking anxieties aside, the stress of orchestrating surprise and romance simultaneously in a moment that should be memorized for eternity simply doesn't seem worth it.  And yet when my own marriage proposal actually did happen in October 2012, it was preceded by my own semi-tipsy dictation of what would be ideal to me - a casual night with dinner and wine in the comforts of our own home without this cliche and that - upon which, minutes later, an engagement ring appeared and I graciously accepted ... in my pajamas.  (It was perfect, and exactly what I would have planned had roles been reversed.)  Enjoy!
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment