Thursday, December 23, 2010

On a Lil' Lesson From Pooh


Just in Time for the Holidays.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh

Even if tales of Winnie the Pooh didn't rock you to sleep during your pre-adolescent bedtime ritual, most folks are familiar with Pooh's endless wisdom about friendship, understanding, and sugar addictions to honey. An irrefutably cuddly mammal, even the solitudinarians and the grumps cannot completely turn a blind eye on an update about Pooh's whereabouts. Enjoy!

(Photo Credit: The Donnell Library Center’s collection of Winnie-the-Pooh dolls, including the original that once belonged to Christopher Robin Milne, son of author A. A. Milne.)

1 comment:

  1. I never read the Pooh series, never saw a movie, maybe a tv show with my kids. Reading your/his essay makes me regret that I did not. I sort of had a Dorothy Parker reaction to Pooh, et al. And look where that got her!

    ReplyDelete