Friday, December 31, 2010

On New Year's Resolutions


To Floss or Not to Floss.

With less than twenty-four hours left to come up with an alternative resolution to my usual unfulfilled promise to floss, my finally-healthy-gums are far from a product of annual self-reflection. After (at least) ten years of pretending this year would be different, flossing snuck quietly into my life sometime between June and November, without a foreshadowing sign of my December 31st impasse. And so here I am, debating the more abstract and seemingly harder alternatives - to be more patient, less sensitive, more confident - while not-so-secretly wishing my gums bled at the slightest prick. Happy new year to and yours; may you have better luck than I ... with flossing, that is. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment