Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On the Hangover Pants


Pajama-rama!

This past Hanukah, I gave my not-so-little brother a pair of fleece sweatpants officially entitled "Hangover Pants." My goal was to find him the softest pants possible since he shares my love for all-things-inconceivably-comfortable. And who can argue with these reviews? It's like draping yourself in velvet (in a socially acceptable way); Every time I take them off I feel a little regret. I don't care what other people think, I want to wear them to work, and out to dinner, and to the movies, and when I go to the grocery store (insert footnote: amazon.com). Perfect, I thought, and quickly clicked and purchased. And then, that very night, he wore them (to sleep), and when we woke the next day, I eagerly awaited his own raving reviews. Were they the best pants you've ever worn?! He told me that, well - yes - in a way they were extremely comfortable but, actually, he felt like he'd just woken from a coma and wondered if it's possible that these pants were too comfortable, but he'll promise to try them again (soon-ish). And then I went back to Brooklyn this past weekend (2 months later, and the sweatpants had yet to be worn again) and decided to try them out for myself. Imagining his experience to be a fluke, I, too, wore them to sleep. And when I woke the next day, I was sluggish, couldn't think clearly, and could barely sit up to drink my morning coffee. And when asked what was wrong, all I could think was, I'm so comfortable that I'm un-comfortable, and concluded that, perhaps, even in-conceivable comfort has its limitations. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

2 comments:

  1. I DETEST wearing pajamas past 11am and unfortunately these days it happens a lot because with 21 month old twins it can be hard to get out of them. But I HATE it. I feel gross and totally unproductive. What this article doesn't talk about and what I mostly wonder when I see people wearing pajamas on the street is-- did you just get out of bed and you are still wearing your pajamas, and will you continue to wear those flannel atrocities with a hideous print all over it back to bed? AFTER you've traveled on the Manhattan subway? OR did you atleast wake up and put on a clean pair of pajama pants? I will admit I may have worn pajamas once or twice to a class in college, but that was... another time. If you don't get up out of bed, wipe off the sleep, change your clothes (ATLEAST put on some clean pajamas), maybe take a shower depending on weather or not you are a morning showerer or night showerer... then I'm sorry but you will in no way be as productive as someone who intentionally prepared themselves to face the day. Do people not realize that you sweat and drool in your sleep, and you lay in that for 6-8 hours?

    I give exceptions for Sundays. Though if I were a restaurant owner and someone turned up for Brunch in their plaid pajama pants then definitely not being seated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. If I don't shower in the morning I never quite wake up.

    ReplyDelete