Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On Crossing Over


Into Adulthood.

During a recent conversation with a colleague who described the contents of her niece's dress-up box (three princess dresses; three tiaras; and, most importantly, three pairs of matching high-heeled shoes), I immediate recalled my own childhood collection (an emerald green, silk blazer; a multi-layered, floor-length-to-a-five-year-old purple skirt; and, most importantly, two pairs of high-heeled leather shoes - black with an ankle strap and white with open toes, to name a few) and wondered where those shoes ended up. Old enough now to dress-up-in-real-life, I imagine that if I sported my beloved, childhood glamor-footwear today, I'd still feel a sense that these shoes belonged on someone older, more confident, and more stylish than I, even though - deep down inside - I know they'd both look perfect with the gold and black dress I recently purchased for an upcoming (dress-up friend's) wedding. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment