Friday, February 24, 2012

On Bursting Into Flames


Light My Candle.

Scarred by those random stories we've (all) heard about how so-and-so's friend/cousin/neighbor/co-worker burned down their apartment during a trip to the corner store to buy milk for their hot chocolate but forgot to blow out their candle (that was innocently meant to create ambiance instead of mayhem), I hesitate to set the mood in my own abode even when it's much desired. I've even bought renter's insurance (for previous apartments) just in case my urge to light up (the candle I once made in summer camp) can't be squashed by my night-light substitute, since there's little comparison to the calming curiosity created by the flickering bluish-whitish-yellowish flame combined with [insert scent of choice]. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment:

  1. I like that you manage to mention your summer camp in the Catskills in pretty much every blurb (at my summer camp we had to write blurbs for "Specialties".

    ReplyDelete