Monday, February 27, 2012

On Giving Birth


Everybody's Doin' It.

Between the mid-winter plethora of facebook announcements welcoming (much more than one) childhood friend into parenthood, local (30-something) birthday party conversation between second-time mothers, and my own sister describing the minute details of her recent birth, it feels as if a club has formed between women my age and I'm on the outside looking in, with many more years to go. And while psych 101 taught us that the view is considerably better from the inside looking out, this is one club I'm not rushing to be hazed into. Details too foreign to wrap my (semi-maternal) brain around, combined with comfortless reassurances that everybody's doin' it, have slowed the ticking of my (wildly fearful) clock as I take my sweet time to smell the significantly caffeinated coffee. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment