Thursday, March 1, 2012

On the Survival Instinct


Viewer Discretion Advised.

One week into moving in with my long-term Roommate for the first time, I rushed through my first attempt at using my favorite 30th birthday present, a brand new mandoline (see link for explanation) for slicing vegetables to perfection. Having naively not read the instructions on account of hastily wanting Oprah's Favorite Turkey Burgers to be a surprise, four quick motions into a perfectly sliced shallot (think 'mini onion/garlic combo') all of a sudden I was bleeding profusely from my most valuable finger, the middle one. When Roommate arrived to find me crying on the front stoop (waiting for my parents to take me to the hospital), he booked it for the kitchen to wrap up any 'missing pieces' that might be relevant for my impending surgery (four stitches). I knew, then, that Roommate's survival instinct would make us a roommate-ship made in heaven. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment