Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On Showing Spunk


Through Life's Hardships.

When times were tough and a potentially terminal illness was on (my family's) horizon (a year or so ago, with a thankfully positive outcome), I became obsessed with Laura Linney's The Big C. When raving about it to friends and acquaintances (It's amazing! You must watch!), most looked at me with tacit puzzlement, as if there was only one way to deal with such a grave situation. And yet it was the combination of spunk and thoughtful humor - intermingled with the more serious acknowledgements of The Big C's (less) finer moments, of course - that helped me get through my own situation, knowing that sometimes you really must laugh at life's hardships, especially when (nearly) everyone around you is (understandably) at a loss for words and giggles. Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

1 comment: