Friday, May 4, 2012

On Fan Mail


I've Written Three...

...two in 1985 - Bette Midler and Fred Savage – and the third in 2003. Since I've started this blog (two years and three weeks ago), I've written two more letters, one to a favorite author and another to Bill Murray, and only the former wrote back. I take every opportunity to hear him speak, read, show his face in public, and then I stand on line for however long that particular line takes, to get yet another novel signed, during which I unwavering proclaim that we’d likely make great friends based on my own faulty tendency to confuse the art with the artist. And each time (okay, just once), he graciously signs my book, “your friend, Dave Eggers.” Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment