Tuesday, August 27, 2013

On Becoming a Coloradan's Wife


Gettin' Hitched.

Just this past weekend, while on a run with a close friend through nearby Cheesman Park (*see photo to the right), we stopped to watch a bride walk down the exact same aisle I'll be headed down in less than five days.  On the brink of what we're told (by recent married friends and seasoned couples alike) will be a whirlwind of celebrations (my parents arrives tonight!), all I can think about is the final scene in "Reality Bites," when Ethan Hawke plays the guitar next to Winona Ryder in their new (empty) apartment.  Being the preteen that I was during my "Winona" phase, spending Sunday afternoons watching chic flicks and eating giant pickles in my parents backyard, decades from this very moment in which I am now on the brink of  matrimonial commitment, I easily recall my immense envy over the possibility of spending the rest of my life with a shaggy guitar player.  Now, here I am, taking the plunge with my very own Coloradan guitarist, who is playing Radiohead next to me as I write this blog post, and I feel nothing but pure joy.

(Enjoy, and this blog will return after our wedding and honeymoon, sometime during the week of September 9th!)
 
[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment