Thursday, August 8, 2013

On Too Many Books


So Little Time.

Despite the fact that my attention span has decreased to solely include 30-minute sitcoms and a face-to-face meal with my iphone in hand (shame on me, and on all of us), I recently questioned the possibility of reading every single novel stacked high upon our bookshelves at home.  The list would range from the myriad of classics I ignored as a teen (Catch 22, The Scarlet Letter, and so on) to my roommate's college(major)-inspired collection of philosophical texts (Nietzsche, Plato, Sartre...), with more recent literary bestsellers (Shantaram, Infinite Jest, neither of which can surely be less than one thousand pages each) filling the gaps in between.  In the meantime, Breaking Bad (season 2) and House of Cards (all of it) are beckoning.  A girl can dream-read, can't she?  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]  

1 comment:

  1. You COULD just read thirty minutes a day, you know, BEFORE you turned on the tube. Somerset Maugham only wrote for one hour a day (or so he said) and he did just fine. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete