Tuesday, August 13, 2013

On My Favorite Pen Pal


Snail Mail From Brooklyn.

Before I even moved to Denver, one of my closest friends (who lived less than twenty blocks away at the time) agreed to be my pen pal.  And so began years of sporadic snail mail, always in the form of postcard, with funny details from a particular day's exchange or commentary on whatever life-changing experience was happening at that time (breakups, makeups, relocations across the country, and so on) that we would later discuss in person over happy hour or dinner.  Two weeks ago, I received the latest addition to my postcard collection, this time with a five-sentence semi-comical yet sentimental reference to (my upcoming) marriage, and a fond reminder that our pen-pal-ship - even with twenty states between - lives on.  Enjoy (and write a friend)!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]  

No comments:

Post a Comment