Monday, August 5, 2013

On (My) Literary Heroes


The Artist.

For the most part, the fan letters I've written, mailed, and occasionally hand-delivered, have all been well received or altogether ignored, without much room for middle ground.  And, in the last decade, most have been to favorite authors with the exception of Bill Murray, two years ago, who never wrote back (-I'm still hopeful).  Except for two specific encounters (both in New York City) during which I made b-lines for my literary heroes only to have my anticipation squashed with cold shoulders and disinterested glares, as my title pages were signed with careless haste and my unrealistic fantasies about a perfect encounters over Coffee & Cigarettes immediately destroyed. (Enjoy!)

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment