Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On Being Conned by Con Ed


Op Ed: June 8, 1974.

Perhaps Con Edison earned its name not for the American inventor of the late 1800's but for the grief imposed by its unnecessarily outrageous guesstimates. A perpetual victim of CE's generous calculations, I've found myself, at times, fantasizing about taking this battle to the courts (CE vs CE has a nice ring, dontcha think?), and it pains me further to realize these grievances predate my own existence. C'mon Con Ed, how many years does it take to change a light bulb? Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The writer's humor,dealing with forces greater than she would ever conquor,was admirable.I myself have a new (old) technique for dealing with all the robo calls I'm getting prior to the November 2nd election: I hang up.

    ReplyDelete