Thursday, October 21, 2010

On Miserable Meetings



How Not To Pull Your Hair Out.

Unfortunately, there's no simple solution to the meetings that make you want to meet your death instead of your next assignment. At my previous job (one of my favorites to date) Wednesday was my least favorite day of the week in spite of its glorious and much-anticipated hump. During the F-O-U-R hour meetings in which less than thirty minutes of material was covered (at best), I learned more about how to deal with misbehaving daughters (no kids here!) and which local eateries serve the best burgers in Chinatown (salads preferred but thanks anyway!) than what I needed to know for my programs. Years later, when my last day on the job arrived, it happened to fall on a Wednesday afternoon, and so, lucky for me, I had four hours to sum up four years of hard work with less than fourteen people, which meant there were forty minutes left to say goodbye to the meetings I'd never miss. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment