Friday, October 29, 2010

On Being Unfriended


The Pangs of Relationships Past.

The friendship, on facebook, ends as quickly as it begins: With the Click of a Button. And the debate that takes place over whether to extend your index finger the tenth of a millimeter it takes to shut the permanent e-door in the face of your long lost JHSboyfriend / neighbor / girlyousatnexttoduringdaycampcolorwars can vary from sleepless agony over whether you'll be found out that day or that decade to no thought whatsoever. Four months ago, during an impromptu need for privacy, I defriended over three hundred people (leaving me with three hundred nearest and dearest) and, since then, at least fifty have come crawling back, likely in the form of never having realized we were once bonded by the intimacy of the internet and that I actually took the time to sever our tie. But my need for privacy has passed, and so I accept each new fruitful friendship that has since come my way, and share with the world the blog I present you today. What I wanna know is why, with my new-and-improved, generous RE-friendship attitude, they can't take the time to 'like' what I've written? Because, let's face it, that's why we're all here, anyway. (Well, that and the first batch of baby photos.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment