Friday, July 13, 2012

On Being Distracted


Glued to Technology.

Ever since I started taking the bus on a regular basis (during the summer, to and from work), I've become increasingly aware of my technology addiction.  Red light - email check, green light - Words with Friends, yellow light - email check, traffic - email, text, video game, anything but look outside.  And I truly wonder what the actual allure is: to emails from east coast friends? (Seems reasonable); work emails that I'll answer the next day? a cumbersome and monotonous (and ever-losing) scrabble score?  None seem worth the tradeoff (except pen pal-ship, which are far and few between) and yet this manic dependency is impossible to break.  (Any suggestions?)  Enjoy!

[Blog Reminder: Click on Subtitle Above for Article.]

No comments:

Post a Comment